This Tuesday is a national day of donating to social causes that we value, to people who do good things in the world that we can’t personally do, and to people who need a boost.
Many of us contribute to the world as much as we can through the year, not only on a designated day.
My mentor, Steve Reinisch, recommended an inspiring book a few years ago, The Soul of Money written by Lynne Twist. One of the most powerful messages I heard from the book is that each of us has resources to share with each other regardless of our economic situation.
In my own life I recognize that by volunteering my skills to create short films and public service announcements I can offer more to my community than spending an afternoon stuffing envelopes for a charity or slipping $20 in an offering plate.
The contributions you make to my feature films make it possible for me to have the equipment and time to create these social media videos for others. Your support for me resulted in
- children’s storybook fundraiser for a care facility counseling troubled children
- animal rescue social media videos
- social media videos for regional cultural museums
- seven videos interviewing people who are unhoused to bring their stories greater attention
- fundraiser for prom dresses for economically challenged high school students
- social media video raising awareness for regional program providing care for developmentally disabled adults
And of course there are all those Tub Talks, which in my own way call attention to some of life’s ironies that I hope lightens your day.
This time of year is crucial for gathering the resources to make my next feature film PROF. TOM FOOLERY SAVES THE PLANET. When you help me make this film you reap both the reward of receiving a fun and happy movie and enabling me to do good work for the community throughout the year.
It’s a good feeling to know exactly what your money is doing.
Please contribute using your bankcard through PayPal to Paul@PaulBrightFilms.com
PS. Instead of running a campaign on IndieGoGo I’m using PayPal so more of your contribution makes it to the film. IndieGoGo raised their commission to 10% and I don’t feel they deserve the money you intend for the film.